Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 121

Drop Dead Fred; anyone remember this movie? Well if you've lived under a rock your entire life, I'll fill you in a little bit...
The original 1991 movie starred Phoebe Cates as a young woman who battles with her controlling mother and womanizing husband, and finds comfort and confusion with the appearance of her childhood imaginary friend.
When I was younger, I was absolutely in love with this movie. I remember my cousin and I rented it once and watched it so many times that it broke and we had to pay the movie store back. I'm sad to say that I haven't seen the movie since.
Even though the movie was a box-office bomb, it's still my absolute favourite movie of all time. It taught me that no matter how tough life gets, I'm still a kid and I have a long way to go in life. I should always remember to have fun and just be myself.
Much Love & God Bless,
- The Girl In Her Own World
"If something's not working properly, the best thing to do is to tear it apart to make it better." - Drop Dead Fred (Rik Mayall)
ps. This movie is going to be remade with Russell Brand as Fred, due out in 2011, life is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment