Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 101

The other day, I saw The Last Song. And let me say, it was one of the best movies I've seen in a while. Anyways, my friend and I were discussing how utterly flawless Miley Cyrus, and how she's our biggest girl crush (aside from Megan Fox that is). When I say this around other people, they think I'm leasbian/gay/homosexual (whichever term you prefer).
I'm not, by the way. I'm straight.
This got me thinking; a lot of people don't support gay love. Again, I know this is a touchy subject for some, but I want to know your opinions on it.
I now present to you Constance Mcmillen, the lesbian Missouri girl who was denied admission to her high school prom because she wanted to bring her girlfriend and wear a tuxedo.
I am discusted by her school.
I am ashamed of her school.
I am angry at her school.
How in God's name could they do that to her? And to make matters worse, they sent her to a fake prom afterwards.
Even though I'm not gay myself, I have absolutely nothing against it. If you love somebody and you care about them, then go for it. There shouldn't be anything stopping you from that.
Love is love. It has no boundries. No rules. Why don't people understand that?

Much Love & God Bless,

- The Girl In Her Own World

ps. Read the full story about Constance at http://www.afterellen.com/blog/dorothysnarker/constance-mcmillen-gets-sent-to-a-fake-prom

No comments:

Post a Comment