Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 021


I was talking with my friends the other day, and they kept telling me how mean I was. The more they talked about it, the worse I felt. I guess I never realized how rude I was until my friends told me. I always thought I was just being brutally honest.
If I've ever offended you or hurt you in any way, I'm sorry.
The truth is, I never really learned how to be nice. As a young child, I wasn't surrounded by very many nice people. My parents were constantly arguing. One brother always got in trouble at school (in my later years). The other was different. We weren't the normal family everyone expected us to be. I didn't know what normal was.
From now on, I'm going to think about what I say, before I say it. I'm going to compliment people, and smile more often. This is going to be hard, but I'm going to do it. I might scare a few people with my niceness, since they won't be used to it. But hey, 2010 is The Year Of No Fear. Might as well embrace it...
"It is not true that nice guys finish last. Nice guys are winners before the game even starts. "
- Addison Walker

Much Love & God Bless,
- The Girl In Her Own World

No comments:

Post a Comment